Registration for the 2019 Fernandina Beach Pride Parade and Festival is CLOSED.
Thank you for your interest in participating in our parade and festival keep up to date on future event by visiting our website www.fernandinabeachpride.com or following us on Facebook @FernandinaBeachPride
Email us at email@example.com
2019 Pride Parade Route
The parade will begin and end at Central Park in the parking lot adjacent to 11th St. at 10:00 am.
Staging begins at 9:00 am and all participants are asked to arrive no later than 9:05.
2019 Fernandina Beach PRIDE Parade
Rules & Guidelines
Fernandina Beach Pride Parade Rules and Guidelines are a combination of local regulations and information designed to keep all of our participants and spectators safe while still having an enjoyable time. Please make sure you read and adhere to all Parade Rules and Regulations. We may be required to deny entry to any party who fails to follow these guidelines.
General RulesRead More…
- Fernandina Beach Pride reserves the right to accept or reject any application for the parade. By applying to participate in the parade, participants agree that their participation shall be supportive of, and appropriate to, the purpose of the Pride Celebration, which are:
- Educate citizens about issues & concerns of the gay, lesbian, bisexual, intersex, queer, and transgender citizens.
- Promote & provide cultural activities within the gay, lesbian, bisexual, intersex, queer & transgender community.
- Advocate for and encourage the participation of gay, lesbian, bisexual, intersex, queer, and transgender people in the educational, cultural and civic life of the city of Fernandina Beach and county of Nassau, FL.
- Increase the visibility of the gay, lesbian, bisexual, intersex, queer, & transgender communities in the city of Fernandina Beach and county of Nassau, FL.
- Enhance the quality of life of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender people in the city of Fernandina Beach and county of Nassau, Florida.
- CELEBRATE the lives of gay, lesbian, bisexual, intersex, queer, and transgender citizens.
Day of Parade & Line-Up
- Parade registration and line-up begins on Saturday, June 8, 2019 at 8:45 AM and ends at 9:50 AM.
- One person from the entry needs to contact the Parade Coordinator as soon as the entry arrives.
- The Parade starts promptly at 10:00 AM.
- Please designate one person in your entry to do the following:
- Monitor the safety of the entry, specifically keeping the area in front of your vehicle or float clear of pedestrians;
- Assist in movement and pacing in the parade of all vehicles and/or marchers belonging to their unit to ensure your entry is paced appropriately with the entry in front of
- Sponsoring organization must agree to all Parade Rules & Guidelines herein. Your participation in the Parade serves as a waiver of liability and an indemnification agreement between all participants in your contingent and Fernandina Beach Pride. It also serves as your agreement to make all participants in your contingent aware of all the rules &
- Sponsoring organization/ agrees to support the goals of Fernandina Beach Pride as described in its Mission Statement.
- “Doubling Up” is not allowed: Please note that every banner-carrying organization must submit separate applications and separate fee payments, if applicable, regardless of affiliations within a group(s).
- Any requests for specific placement or special needs during the Parade/Festival need to be requested in advance. If you have a special request please email the Parade Director/ Coordinator at info@FernandinaBeachPride.com. All requests are subject to the approval by the Fernandina Beach Pride Parade Director.
- Please make ALL entry participants aware of possibility of heat exhaustion and/or stroke hazards associated with marching and participating in the Parade (Approximately 1 mile).
- All Parade entries are encouraged to bring water or replenishing fluids for
- Fernandina Beach Pride does not assume or accept responsibility for the health, well-being or safety of any Parade participant.
Alcohol and Illegal Substances
- Parade participants are NOT permitted to consume any alcoholic beverage, nor use any illegal or controlled substances on any part of the Parade route, staging or de-staging areas or in any part of the PRIDE Festival.
Participant Dress and Behavior
- All clothing, costumes or other apparel worn in the Parade must comply with the Obscenity Statutes of the State of Florida and Public Decency Ordinance of the City of Fernandina Beach. Genitals (and nipples if female or portraying female) must be fully covered. Parade participants wearing skirts, kilts, sarongs, or the like, must wear
- The following are expressly prohibited from use in the Parade: sexual paraphernalia, genital or phallic representations, sexual acts, and simulated sexual acts
- Fernandina Beach Pride requests all Parade participants to show respect for all sexes, ages, races, cultures, creeds, gender identities, and sexual orientations. Please refrain from anything that would demean any segment of our community. Fernandina Beach Pride urges all entrants to maintain a high degree of sensitivity to and compassion for the feelings, values and views of
- Items may be distributed to Parade spectators by a person who is handing them out along the Parade Route
- DO NOT throw items to Parade spectators. An entry throwing items will be removed from the Parade. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
- Political campaign literature may not be
- DO NOT distribute any sexually explicit or sexually suggestive
- Condoms may only be distributed to persons readily identifiable as being over the age of 18
Trash and Clean-Up
- No confetti, streamers, glitter, other types of festival materials, bottles, cans or other types of trash may be thrown on any part of the Parade route, staging or de-staging
- Littering is in violation of the criminal statutes of the City of Fernandina Beach and the State of Any party found littering is subject to fine and/or arrest.
- Each Parade entry shall carry plastic trash bags, as prescribed by the ordinances of the City of Fernandina Beach, for depositing all trash and other litter accumulated by their Parade.